And with the arrival of warmer weather comes a new fascination with cold coffee brews for those that love the caffeine hit but need a more chilled delivery.
Iced Americano ? Frapaccino? Iced Carmel Latte? Whatever your favourite we have the perfect coffee to suit. Check out tasting notes when choosing the perfect bean for a cold brew – including Bro Slow, a fruity little number that tastes great in cold lattes with a splash of syrup.
Here’s our guide to creating a delicious cool coffee drink to enjoy at home over the summer months.
Keeps well in the fridge too for over a week if bottled/ fully sealed.
You’ll need …
- 120g coarsely ground coffee
- A sieve
- Some filter paper
- A large jug
How to make it….
- Place the ground coffee in a large jug and add cold water – as a guide we’d estimate 400 g water for each 50g of coffee so based on the above quantities you’ll need 960g of water. You can adjust this to your own preferences for stronger drink.
- Stir, cover and leave to seep overnight while the coffee does its thang.
- First filter out the grinds using a clean/sterilised sieve, and then do a second filter through paper or muslin to remove any fine particles.
- Serve over ice with a dash of your favourite syrup !
- If you have a sterilised jar with a lid or bottle you can keep this in the fridge for up to a week.
TOP TIP: If you like milk/soya/almond milk in your cold brew just half the water quantity to create a stronger cold coffee ‘base’ to pour over your favourite milk.
Here are some of our coffee recommendations for cold brew for ice coffee days and a special offer on Monin Coffee Syrup sets.PLUS use COLD20 Discount to get 20% off for a limited time only!